TEKSCAN PRESSURE MAT
The CUOMO Brand is very proud to have taken the plunge of investing in the this amazing high performance technology. The only independent brand and saddle fitter in the UK to own this particular Pressure Mat alongside the Quintic Performance Cameras. Only the UK's Equine Universities own this Technology. This highlights the absolute dedication of the CUOMO Brand in offering a unique service and opportunity to completely assess the horse and rider symmetry without leaving any stone unturned.
The unique, truly flexible design makes the Tekscan - CONFORMat the most advanced pressure mapping system available for saddle pressure analysis providing important information across the whole of the horses back, not just down either side. Lets look at what it brings -
Saddle Pressure System Features
- Specially designed CONFORMat sensor conforms to the shape of the horse/saddle to eliminate false pressure readings
- 2,000+ individual sensing elements provide accurate, high-resolution readings
- All hardware held within a custom saddle cloth developed in partnership with The Saddle Research Trust to ensure rider is not tethered to the equipment in any way.
- Wireless and tethered hardware options available with easy upgrade paths to also measure stirrup, girth and tack pressure. Benefits of Pressure Mapping for you and your horse:
- Obtain immediate objective data to assess saddle fit. Make changes to saddle position and padding, and see immediately the effects it has.
- View real-time pressure and CoF trajectory information from under the saddle during training, exercise and even competition. System is unobtrusive and does not effect performance of the saddle
- Engages riders with vivid colour display and provides them with clear, visual feedback
- Aids in identification of unseen asymmetries and pelvic obliquities
- Provides accurate data for answering research hypotheses or development questions
If you would like to have your horse/saddle/rider assessment with the use of the Pressure Mat, please let us know in advance of any Full Evaluations as this technology will not be kept in the van for daily use. There is an extra charge of £80+ VAT for its use per saddle. The sensors in the mat were originally developed by Medical Science for the use in wheel chairs - so not intended to use under a horse saddle. They are therefore quite fragile and can be damaged. If it is deemed on the day that the horse and rider combination is not suitable for use of the technology you will not be charged.